Count On It

Count-Wayt family genealogy, history, memories.
Family tree is shown at https://www.myheritage.com/site-88781/count-on-it, which includes surnames:

  • Count
  • Wayt
  • Katsara(s)
  • Doty
  • Kefaluku(s)
  • Hynes
  • Main
  • McKibbin
  • Wheeler

17 June 2007

My Katsaras & Kefaluku Genealogy


My mom's mom's mom's mom was from Anatolitisa, which is now Smirni, Turkey. My mom's mom's mom's mom & dad were Greek. My mom's mom's mom's dad's name was George Kefaluku.

George Kefaluku and his wife had 3 children--2 girls and a boy.

One of the girls married and gave birth to my grandmother, Eirini.

Eirini's father went to war and was presumed dead (recently, we found out that he did not die in war, but was on another island...we found this out after he had died though).

Eirini's mother wanted to remarry, but Eirini's grandmother did not want another man to raise her grandchild. So Eirini's grandmother took Eirini away from her mother and had Eirini's birth certificate changed to say that the grandmother was the mother & the grandfather was the father, & Eirini's surname was changed to Kefaluku. Eirini's grandmother then raised Eirini as her own child.

When the Turkish/Greek war broke out, my grandmother and her family lost their home and swam to Kos, Greece where my grandmother finished growing up.

My grandmother's grandmother told my grandmother's aunt to raise my grandmother after she (my grandmother's grandmother) died, and had to promise to never marry because my grandmother's grandmother did not want my grandmother raised my a man that was not her "blood".

My grandfather's grandfather, surname Katsaras, was from Symi, Greece.

My grandfather, Iannis Katsaras, was from Rhodes, Greece.

Iannis Katsaras met Eirini Kefaluku on Kos, Greece. Then my grandfather took my grandmother to Rhodes where they had 7 children.

George
Haritomeni
Rita
Maria
Michael
Fofo
Leftaris
George, Haritomeni, Rita, Michael all live in Australia now.

Fofo & Leftaris still live on Rhodes, Greece.

My mom & dad live in Michigan, U.S.A.

My mom's mom's aunt who never married and raised my grandmother is also my mom's godmother.

My mom's mom's uncle stayed on Kos & had a daughter who worked for the department of agriculture & is still living on Kos.

There is Katsaras in France...his father & mom's dad's father are brothers.

My grandfather had stomach surgery. He went to the hospital where his cousin was...the surgeon. John Katsaras was the doctor in Athens who was a surgeon. He was the head man in surgery, though he was not allowed to operate on his cousin. The cousin told the nurse to call him day or night in case anything goes wrong, even though another doctor did the operation in Athens. My grandfather's first cousin. My grandfather and John Katsaras shared the same name.

There was a drug store called Katsaras in Pirios or Athens.
Katsaras (from the drug store) and my grandfather were first cousins.

My mom is a Katsaras from Greece, though my mom's dad was from Symi.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home